More on Clocks...

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Dec 5 02:51:28 EST 2005

Recently, J. Landman Gay wrote:

>> True, there is no image rotation occurring, but it might contain a small
>> degree of "sexiness"...
>
> Very nice! So, if you add a windowshape, we'd have a widget, right? ;)

Well, I've always thought about doing this, but the only way to pull it off
without tons of masks is to make a multi-window stack.

OK, twist my arm, I did it -- in your message box:

  go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/ballclock4.rev"

For better visibility, run the stack on a medium to dark value desktop (the
stack won't be very visible against a white background).

OK then... a multi-window widget (kind of).  You can drag the base and it
will reposition all its parts.  Perhaps this accounts for "sexy".

(One limitation I ran into was making the balls visible when the clock stack
is suspended.  The hidePalettes property is apparently still broken [?], and
I couldn't get suspend and resume to reliably change the window modes to
topLevel and back to palette, but hey, what do you want for an hour's
effort?...)

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director