Losing sight of the point . . .

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Sat Dec 3 13:24:38 EST 2005

Well, Rob Cozens;

you have said it much more succinctly than my prolix self:

"All of the above...and more."

However, to the "excluded middle" (see a post of mine under
why RR is not more popular) can get a bit daunted by number
2 (i.e. Super-Prog-Guy) and feel superior to number 1 (i.e.
chap-who-wants-to-make-a-PPT-like-presentation).

Now number 1 is, by now, 'brainwashed' by PowerPoint and
can see no further;

and

number 2 has a feeling that RR/HC is a 'Toy' except for the
few (face it, they are few),

so . . .

the 'excluded middle' (Oh, scr** it, lets drop the inverted
commas) - the EXCLUDED MIDDLE are where RR's chance lies of
rolling in the bucks (do you know that I bought a hand-made
kilt from Chisholms of Inverness in 1990 and it cost me 500
pounds - Hunting Macintosh - this is not as OT as it seems
- go figure), and BROADENING THE USER BASE.  "Why the
CAPITAL LETTERS ?" I hear you ask: because the EXCLUDED
MIDDLE are a bit like TRUE BELIEVERS who have fallen away
from the flock (sorry, unfortunate parallel; but relevant)
who need to be 'saved'.

Over the last 12 years I have worked in and with
educational organisations in the USA, Saudi Arabia, the
UAE, and the UK: almost all my colleugues in Ed. Soft.
trained at one time or another with HC - all of them
(except for the nutter in the pack - Richmond) fell away
from "the true faith" into "heretical creeds" such as
Toolbook - why? Because APPLE let HC rot! Silly APPLE!

However, be that as it may, and b****r APPLE; RR could
reach out and bring those disaffected folk back into the
fold.

They are not going to do it by getting all superior and
turning HC's descendent into something that loses sight of
HC's initial premise.

OK, Here is the DAFTIST IDEA YET:

Seduce Bill Atkinson - a religion without a Pope, . . .
Well . . . Perhaps I've pushed it too far

But some of us have red blood and passions!

Love, Richmond
See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html