Help needed downloading a file to a folder

Rodney Somerstein rodneys at io.com
Sat Dec 3 01:31:02 EST 2005

Andre,

Thanks for the quick answer. Using the correct URL does seem to help. ;-)

It seems to work OK now. Though as you state, I don't want that long
pause while the file downloads. Of course, the next obvious question
is how do I use the load URL command to the same thing? From what I
can tell, load URL puts the file into memory. I then need to save it
to disk but have no idea how to do so.

Also, I noticed that instead of ending up with a binary file when
using put URL, I actually ended up with a text file with a .zip
extension. It did unzip with no problem. I'm guessing I have to do
some kind of magic to make the file into an actual zip file for Mac
OS X?

Thanks again,

-Rodney