Mailing List

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Dec 2 16:01:53 EST 2005

kooto-

Friday, December 2, 2005, 11:22:17 AM, you wrote:

> So, in short, for the users, I would argue that a web interface
> is better. Gmane is the pioneer in doing this. Nabble wants to do
> better by being faster, cleaner, and providing a better search so
> that a user can search first before they post.

Thanks for the background info.

Well, Nabble's search facility is pretty dismal at present. Better,
now that I've looked at the search tips, but still a very geeky
interface. The proximity search is a nice touch, as is the soundex
mechanism. I've only become aware of Nabble since Scott's posting, but
the presentation looks good to me.