Why isn't Rev more popular?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Dec 1 16:50:59 EST 2005

Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Just how popular does Rev need to be? And as long as RunRev Ltd. is
> appropriately "right-sized" (please pardon the corporate-speak),
> there's no reason why it can't be quite profitable for the owners,
> even at the current audience size.  Extra bonus points that the
> audience is growing as well as it is.  That's great for them.
>
> Given the state of things as they are today, I see less of a risk of
> Rev not growing fast enough than I do in attempting to grow beyond
> what the market will support.

Good point. The topic after all is 'popularity' and wondering how to
make it more poplular. Success is certainly in the eye of the beholder.

That said, success is also 'in the eye of the stockholder.' And for a
company who actively solicits investors, there does need to be a
committment to exit strategy. Typically investors are not in the habit
of just giving away their money, but would rather see a multiple-fold
gain on their investments. So, maintaining a break-even status quo
doesn't necessary work for RR whereas it did work for Scott Raney and
MetaCard.

As an investor, I can tell you I never get reports about either the
finances nor the number of users RunRev currently has. So, it's hard to
accurately judge how effective they are in providing stockholder value.

best,

Chipp