Choppy video?

Alan Simon adsmd1 at optonline.net
Wed Aug 31 20:26:48 EDT 2005

I am in the process of writing an application that displays AVI video
loops, each a second or two in duration.  When the video plays back,
it appears that some of the frames are being skipped, and I get a
choppy appearance.

The playback machine is a 3 GHz Pentium with 1GB of memory, so I
don't think the PC is the problem.  Could the problem be in the way
the loops are encoded?

I have tried the application on several PCs, but the only one it
displays correctly is the PC I wrote it on, which is a 3.4 GHz
Pentium...

Alan Simon
Garden State Cardiology