modal stack "Prompt"

Lynch, Jonathan bnz2 at cdc.gov
Wed Aug 31 19:23:34 EDT 2005

It is consistent with the way the message path works, and I can envision
situations where you would need this sort of behavior - such as if you
had an app that created many stacks on the fly, and needed to do
something when one of those stacks was opened.

However, it can still cause problems. Be especially careful of this
danger if you have a resizestack handler in your main stack. A
resizestack handler that produces an error will crash the program.

Here is an easy way to avoid problems:

On preopenstack
  If the short name of the owner of the target <> the short name of this
stack then exit preopenstack

-- do whatever else needs to be done
End preopenstack

A preopenstack message first goes to the card, then the stack. So, the
above script makes sure that preopenstack message was triggered by the
same stack in which it resides.