mainStack scripts, now Windows??

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Wed Aug 31 08:06:24 EDT 2005

Lars

Try to remove the traversal=ON from most menus and buttons - it just
wrecks havoc with hillites...

Also, test your apps on windows 2000 AND XP where the themes will change
teh geometry of
buttons, appearance of groups, and possibly more...

Just my two cents... Please vote for all windows issues in bugzilla too ;)

cheers
Xavier

use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com wrote on 31/08/2005 13:58:42:

> Hi all!
>
> I thank Richard, Eric and Robert for their concise expalnations and
> help.   Now that I have followed that advice (a different stack with
> no script is now the mainStack) I'm happy as a clam.  One more thing
> though;
>
> One of the reasons I made the major changes to my project was to try
> to make the Windows version run better.  I work on a Mac (OSX.4.2)
> and was a little shocked to see the newest Windows standalone.  I
> hadn't done one for many months after I originally convinced myself
> it would work in Windows.  Now that the program has grown and morphed
> into something far better and is nearing completion, I made another
> Windows build.  I always knew I would need to buy Rev for Windows, at
> least to get the fonts looking their "best," but I was a little
> disappointed when I launched it.  On my Mac it is flawless, but on
> windows, so many things flicker and stacks in the backgound flash
> black when buttons are clicked in other stacks.  And my mainStack
> flickers black when I navigate in it.  Now, the background of the
> stack is black, and  the mask that provides the windowShape is black,
> so a black flash makes sense, but why does it flash at all? I mean,
> sometines two side by side buttons, whose icons were made in
> Photoshop and other than their labels are indentical have tow
> different color shades!!!  All of this before AND after the mainStack
> script thing.
>
> What can I expect from Rev for Windows?  Does a windows standalone
> built in Windows function better?  Will I be able to solve these
> problems working in Windows?  Has anyone out there built an app on a
> make and found this type of behavior in a windows sandalone?  How did
> you fix it?  I have little Windows experience, heck, maybe it's the
> machine (cheap HP laptog, XP Home, 1.4 ghz Celeron, enough memory)
>
> Any advice before I shell out the cash for my second platform copy of
> Rev?
>
> As always, tips are appreciated, and in this case, being begged for!
>
> Lars

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER