mainStack scripts, now Windows??

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at mac.com
Wed Aug 31 07:58:42 EDT 2005

Hi all!

I thank Richard, Eric and Robert for their concise expalnations and
help.   Now that I have followed that advice (a different stack with
no script is now the mainStack) I'm happy as a clam.  One more thing
though;

One of the reasons I made the major changes to my project was to try
to make the Windows version run better.  I work on a Mac (OSX.4.2)
and was a little shocked to see the newest Windows standalone.  I
hadn't done one for many months after I originally convinced myself
it would work in Windows.  Now that the program has grown and morphed
into something far better and is nearing completion, I made another
Windows build.  I always knew I would need to buy Rev for Windows, at
least to get the fonts looking their "best," but I was a little
disappointed when I launched it.  On my Mac it is flawless, but on
windows, so many things flicker and stacks in the backgound flash
black when buttons are clicked in other stacks.  And my mainStack
flickers black when I navigate in it.  Now, the background of the
stack is black, and  the mask that provides the windowShape is black,
so a black flash makes sense, but why does it flash at all? I mean,
sometines two side by side buttons, whose icons were made in
Photoshop and other than their labels are indentical have tow
different color shades!!!  All of this before AND after the mainStack
script thing.

What can I expect from Rev for Windows?  Does a windows standalone
built in Windows function better?  Will I be able to solve these
problems working in Windows?  Has anyone out there built an app on a
make and found this type of behavior in a windows sandalone?  How did
you fix it?  I have little Windows experience, heck, maybe it's the
machine (cheap HP laptog, XP Home, 1.4 ghz Celeron, enough memory)

Any advice before I shell out the cash for my second platform copy of
Rev?

As always, tips are appreciated, and in this case, being begged for!

Lars