OLPC

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Aug 26 01:17:46 EDT 2005

All-

Since runrev on linux distros has become a topic lately, I thought I'd
shoot this one out. The Media Lab at MIT has a research project called
OLPC (One Laptop Per Child) to provide a million $100 linux laptops to
students around the world. One of the Ubuntu developers has recently
become part of the project and mentioned this in his blog, which is
how I found out about it. Since runrev works so well on the Unbuntu
platform, this seems like a prime opportunity to get at least a player
distributed to a million laptops, and possibly a site-license deal to
an educational market. I'm also copying Kevin and Ro on this.

http://laptop.media.mit.edu/

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net