Creating a answer hyperlink

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Aug 23 15:29:24 EDT 2005

Hi Chris,

Could you explain how do you get this result?
A priori, if you use the standard dialog, the linkClicked message
will be sent to the answer dialog stack (card 1) and never to the
calling stack.
May be this works in a standalone if the standard dialog has become a
"substack" and if your call is located in the script of your main
stack (I did not verify).
I asked Runrev a long time ago to handle links in answer dialogs (at
least revGoUrl <the effective text> and revMail <the effective
address>) but I was not heard...

Le 23 août 05 à 21:08, Chris Sheffield a écrit :

> On Aug 23, 2005, at 12:47 PM, Stephen Barncard wrote:
>

>> This puts up a neat dialog with a clickable link - but according
>> to the message watcher no messages are sent when clicked - even
>> though the link does hilite.
>> Guess it has to be built. But it would be neat to send a message
>> from the htmltext. The limitation is the dialog mode itself by
>> definition.
>>

> Stephen,
>
> Not quite true.  Well, maybe the message watcher doesn't see it,
> but it does work if you put a linkClicked handler in the same
> script where you call the answer dialog.  I've got a program that
> uses this method and it works perfectly.  The linkClicked handler
> then calls revGoURL like normal.

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software