running player makes other thing slower

Ban Nguyen bann at sunncomm.com
Mon Aug 22 19:01:07 EDT 2005

On Aug 22, 2005, at 2:37 PM, Ban Nguyen wrote:

> I am using mp3 file with encoded with 96 data rate

That shouldn't cause any playback problems.  Did you try loading a
still image into the player?  Do you have any code that watches
monitors the status of the player object while it is playing
(updating a progress bar)?  Perhaps that is firing too often and
slowing things down?

-------------

I have progress bar with this script:

on MouseDown
  local i, j, l, x
  put the ClickLoc into l
  put item 1 of l into x
  subtract the left of scrollbar "myProgressBar" from x
  put x / the width of scrollbar "myProgressBar" into x
  put x * the duration of player "myPlayer" into x
  set the currentTime of player "myPlayer" to round(x)
end MouseDown

BTW, how can I load a still image into a player?

Thank you