running player makes other thing slower

Ban Nguyen bann at sunncomm.com
Mon Aug 22 14:55:54 EDT 2005

> Hi everyone,
>
> Does anyone run into this problem like I have?
>
> In my rev application, I have a player (playing song and movie)
> running
> just fine but when I scroll up and down the field, the sound is messed
> up and slows down other things such as selecting a line in the field
> list, clicking on a button

-------------------------
Hi Ban,

If you could provide some more details about how your app is designed
that would be great.  I have apps that use player objects and
scrolling fields and haven't noticed any problems related to the
two.  Information that could prove useful:

1) What platform?  Mac, Win, Both?
2) Does this happen in development and deployment or just development?
3) What codecs do your movies use?
4) How many players are active at a time?
5) Is the player in a group that you are scrolling?
6) Does your player object overlap anything that is scrolling?

-------------------------

Hi Trevor,

Information:

1) What platform?  Mac, Win, Both?

Both

2) Does this happen in development and deployment or just development?

I happened in development and deployment

3) What codecs do your movies use?

mp3 and mov

4) How many players are active at a time?

One player

5) Is the player in a group that you are scrolling?

The player is in different group (called AudioPlayer).  I have other
groups (called aboutUs, Partners,.....).  When I click on the button to
go to one of these groups, the sound is paused 1 second.  The aboutUs
content has a scrollbar. It is slow when the music is playing.

6) Does your player object overlap anything that is scrolling?

No

Thank you for your help