The television will be Revolutionised! - first coding sprint

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sun Aug 21 18:01:15 EDT 2005

Ken Norris wrote:

>> Subject: The television will be Revolutionised! - first coding sprint
>

>> It will be hopefully the first of several similar sprints taking
>> place over the next 3 months
>

> Looks fascinating, but I've never heard of the word 'sprint' used this
> way. Exactly what does it mean as you are using it?

"sprint" in this sense is fairly common usage in the Open Source
software area.
Which means, of course, that each group is free to define exactly what
*they* mean, and so each usage of it is slightly different.

Best on-line definition I found was
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plone_Sprints

There's a little bit of discussion about how it works (or worked for one
group) at
http://www.lonelylion.com/pipermail/chipy/2004-September/000377.html