ANN: Some routines for Spotlight

Thierry Arbellot thierry.arbellot at wanadoo.fr
Sun Aug 21 17:29:52 EDT 2005

Yves, Andre,

I don't have Tiger to test mdfind, but if I understand well the
problem, OS X filenames are UTF8 encoded.
The following function will convert from UTF8 to ANSI, just replace
"thefilename" with the actual string to decode.
put unidecode(uniencode(thefilename,"utf8"),"ansi")

I hope this helps,
Thierry