I give up: how do you continue a line in Rev?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Aug 18 18:47:08 EDT 2005

Richard Gaskin wrote:

> When I was first transitioning to Transcript (back then it was called
> MetaTalk) from a background of mostly SuperTalk and a little C and
> Pascal (and all of it only on Mac), I whinged all over the discussion
> list about how this was wrong and that was wrong and why couldn't they
> just do it like it's done in HyperCard and why is the whole thing just
> stupid!
>
> Fortunately, RunRev's Kevin Miller and MetaCard Corp's Scott Raney had
> far more patience than I.  In each case where I was certain the language
> was stupid they paitently walked me through how it got that way, how
> much its platform-independent nature (and arguably superior object
> model) sometimes meant I had to learn new ways of doing things.

Yeah. And then when I first started with Transcript/MetaCard, I was
SCREAMING and waking the neighbors and pounding my fist and pissing off
my husband. And Richard -- who was about a year ahead of me with
MetaCard -- patiently walked me through it and explained how the
differences from HyperCard were necessary, and etc etc... until I
learned it. And grew to love it.

And then, one of my clients called me on the phone, and was hollering
and screaming, and I walked him through it and explained...

Honest. :) I think we all did it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com