ECMI draft specification

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Aug 16 14:24:16 EDT 2005

Mark Wieder wrote:
> I see Richard has quietly added a mirror of the ECMI draft spec in
> RevJournal's front page at http://www.revjournal.com, thus making it
> publicly accessible. IMO this is a major step and the document should
> be required reading for anyone making resources for other runrev
> developers to use. Way to go, RIP team - this is good stuff.

Thank you, Mark.

It's a start, and there's more to come:  Hugh Senior recently sent me a
version of the group's RIP editor updated for the latest spec (thank you
Hugh), and Eric Chatonet has some nifty RIP tools as well.  These will
be posted to that mirror soon.

There are so many contributors to RIP to thank, from toolmakers to the
many who've participated in the discussion of the spec to hone it into
something truly useful, and their contributions have been enormously
valuable.

With all the respect due those generous souls, I'd like to take a moment
here for a special thanks to Ken Ray for his ongoing effort in
coordinating and maintaining the ECMI draft.  He's done a wonderful job
  putting in the level of detailed explanation that's turned a merely
good idea into a workable draft people can make tools from.  Thank you Ken.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal