Recording Sound on the Mac

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Aug 14 20:28:24 EDT 2005

ahh, my goof was simple:

set the recordFormat to "mp4a"

is simply wrong.

setting that to "aiff" no compression ("raw") is fine for initial
recording...

thanks
======

  set the recordRate to 22.050 --the uSampleRate of me
   set the recordChannels to 1 --the uRecordChannels of me
   set the recordSamplesize to 16 --the uSampleSize of me
   set the recordFormat to "aiff" --the uRecordFormat of me

==== the above works fine... in fact the quality is amazing with my
Telex US B Audio Device Headset.

and FYI

set the recordCompression to "mp4a" simply does not work... though it
is on the list or returned compression types.. if you run

put the recordcompressiontypes  in the msg box... it appears, but it
does not appear in the list from the "answer record" dialog... if you
do set this, no sound file is saved at all. So, confirmed saving as
mp4 from Rev is not an option.

Sivakatirswami