running the Player

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Aug 14 15:48:27 EDT 2005

Charles Hartman wrote:
> That is not what happens when I click the DC Player on my PowerBook
> running Tiger. Maybe something is strange about my system, but I  don't
> think so, and the Player app obviously works (is not  corrupted.) So we
> seem to have *both* bad behavior (on my PB) and  inconsistent behavior.

I don't think it is inconsistent -- it has the same behavior problems
across the board. :) In a new, virgin copy I get RevOnline opening,
along with the ability to open a stack using the folder icon. However,
once I change Player's prefs to not open RevOnline, I get the behavior
you describe where the Player appears to hang at "preparing..." After
that, I can't get it back to the original behavior any more because
there is no way to get to the prefs.

It hasn't really hung and you can drop stacks onto the icon and they
will open, but I know that's not what  you want.

Player appears to need some adjustments. I don't think it loads
libraries either, if stacks are just double-clicked. I'll try to find
out more and let the list know.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com