Looking for suggestions/advice

Rodney Somerstein rodneys at io.com
Thu Aug 11 03:31:20 EDT 2005

>By far the easiest way to handle this would be by exposing
>Transcript to your users. Send an email to the rev crew directly
>regarding your needs. The ten-line limit in executables is an
>artificial limit designed to prevent you from creating your own
>development environment in Rev and distributing it. It happened with
>SuperCard many years back. In the past, the rev crew have expressed
>at least a willingness to consider a separate license specifically
>to cover a situation like yours.

Thanks for the advice Jeff. I agree with what you say as being best.
I am creating a free program, so I don't want to spend more money on
this hobby. I've already been paying for my Pro license each year.
That is already more than I should spend on this product. I suppose
that it wouldn't hurt to ask just in case they are willing to let me
do it at no extra charge. Personally, I suspect it might end up
selling a few extra licenses when people see what they can do so
easily and I tell them where to go for an environment that would let
them create programs of their own like that.

But, short of that, does anyone have any other suggestions?

-Rodney