Noob: Amazed yet confused - Dreamcard vs Revolution

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Mon Aug 8 22:25:04 EDT 2005

Others can give you an informed opinion -- I can offer one from
somebody in a position like yours. I'm developing some moderately
large tutorial stacks that my and my colleagues' students will
download, along with a Windows or OSX Player. I've experimented
enough to be confident that Dreamcard is going to work fine for this.
The only drawback I see (for my purposes so far, and for yours as you
describe them) is that you need to produce a set of foolproof
instructions for users that's about two steps longer than it would be
if one were producing standalones.

The capabilities are otherwise the same, as far as I can tell, except
for some fairly advanced stuff (commercial database queries for
example) that -- so far -- I don't think I'll need.

There's the amateur view. Those Who Know will tell you more.

Charles Hartman