selection case

Muaadh Salih Ms1 at soas.ac.uk
Sat Aug 6 06:05:08 EDT 2005

Our problem is as follows:
We have two Unicode fields set for Arabic or Hebrew (that is from right to left system) .we put ,let's say four words into feild 1 (manually) then locked both fields.
we scripted field 1 with something like
on mouseUp
put the clicktext into myword
put myword after field 2
put Uniencode(space,"UTF8") after field 2
end mouseUP

When we clicked the first word of field 1 we got the last word that has been placed into field 2, Clicked at the 2nd to have the penultimate word...
It appears that when Rev shows text as right to left text it still thinks,sees from left to right.

This has been reported to Rev.people and agreed that an improved Unicode function might be appearing in the next update. Alas we are still in the current one!

We had the same problem in HyperCard before but that was solved by emulating a mouseclick into an unlocked field and hence the follwing logic:

set the unlocktext to false
click at the mouseloc
click at the mouseloc
get the selection
lock the fields
do the resrt
We wrote our langauge learning stacks ( Jumbled sentences, clze test...) using the above logic.
We should get the same in rev if we send a doubleclick message to unlocked field ( in thes case Rev. sees selection exactly as itis).

This does not work as far as we can see.

Any help?!!
Ken:
I will send you the stack as soon as get to my office.
many thanks

------
Can you elaborate? There must be a better way to accomplish what you're
doing than to try and emulate a user's double-clicking... can you provide
some more information on what you're trying to do?

Thanks,

Ken Ray