The GENIUS of stacks

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Aug 6 01:32:15 EDT 2005

Kurt Kaufman wrote:
> (Chipp Walters wrote about the advantages of the Rev stack format
> especially where self-updates are concerned, and of stacks as convenient
> and flexible containers)
> http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2005-August/064314.html
>
> Thanks for your clear and direct explanation!  I imagine that nowadays
> an increasing number of developers approach Rev without an "anti-stack"
> bias

In addition to all of the benefits Chipp outlined, my favorite thing
about stacks is how conveniently they can be used for general data storage.

Using custom properties of a stack gives you a way to store different
types of data in a single file with tremendous ease and efficiency.

If you need to keep track of hierarchically-ordered data you can use
custom property sets in stackstacks, cards, and any groups or controls
within those cards.

For details on the joys of using stacks for general data storage see:
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2002-July/006149.html>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal