Revolution filepath to Applescript file: how to?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Aug 2 11:47:57 EDT 2005

On 8/2/05 2:20 AM, "Joel Guillod" <joel.guillod at net2000.ch> wrote:

> I am looking for a script to convert a filepath to an Applescript
> file statement. For example:
>    "/Users/toto/Desktop/Image 6.png" => file "Image 6.png" in the
> folder "Desktop" in home

Joel, have you considered converting to a ":"-delimited path for use with
AppleScript?  For example, your path above, if it was on a hard drive called
"Main HD" would be:

  file "Main HD:Users:toto:Desktop:Image 6.png"

and AppleScript can use that just as easily. If colon-delimited will work
for you, let me know and I'll post my conversion routine.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com