global problems

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Aug 1 21:46:33 EDT 2005

Yep, I think you are missing something VERY basic.

Globals are just that, they exist forever until you explicitly delete
them. That's how they've always worked in all Xtalks I've ever used.

You of course have a choice whether to use them or not. I, enjoy using
them as I find they have many 'upsides' versus custom properties (I use
them too). I especially like the fact they don't persist between
application launches.

Of course, if like others, you smartly name your globals with a 'g'
prefix, you will never have the 'collision' problem you describe, as
like-named locals can also be prefixed with 'l'.

best,

Chipp