Tiger and windowShape

Gordon Tillman got at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 30 10:03:07 EDT 2005

Howdy Lars,

On Apr 30, 2005, at 08:30, Lars Brehmer wrote:

> Has anyone installed Tiger and looked at a revStack or standalone
> that uses a windowShape other than rectangular?
>
> I just installed Tiger on my backup machine to try it out and one
> of my main Rev projects has three stacks with a shape that is
> basically rectangular with a small, round protrusion on the bottom
> (and slightly rounded corners).  Both in rev and in the standalone,
> there is a strange outline parallel to the bottom of the window
> about 50 pixels lower.  It's a little hard to describe, so if
> anyone out there is inclined to take a quick  a look at this
> strangeness, let me know and I will send you screen shots.  I
> already have made a new empty test stack, put the image on it and
> set the windowShape to the image, and the result is the same, so
> it's not just my existing stacks that behave this way.

I just tried the windowLab stack.  This is the one that you can run
from RevNet where you can draw an arbitrary shape and then create a
window from that shape.

It seemed to work just fine and I wasn't able to duplicate the effect
that you mentioned.

If you have a specific stack you would like for me to try I would be
happy to do that.

--gordy