I hate mousedown

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 28 14:52:46 EDT 2005

Progress Report:

Well I still have some bad feelings for all that mouseDown won't let me
do, but I don't hate it any more. It turns out the problem was that the
(Send "x" to ME in 50 milliseconds) was overriding my global that was
set with ( put the short name of the target into xGlobal) in the repeat
loop. It should have been obvious since the problem was me and not
mousedown and there is the word ME staring me in the face. Oh well, I
do feel better now though.

Things I love:
The Use Revolution List.
if x is among the lines of y then
if item 1 of x is not among the items of y then
repeat for each line i in x
if the mouseLoc is within the rect of btn  i  then
if there is a btn x then
if there is an image x then
if the mouse is up
if the mouse is down

Things I have mixed feelings about:
put the short name of the target into x
	(in repeats where it should stay the same but doesn't sometimes)
send "function name" to me in 50 milliseconds
	(where me turns out to be the card this function is in, and makes the
target be not the btn that mousedown was pressed in)

Things I hate:
hangnails
abusive people
and maybe the limitations in mouseDown

Thanks to all of you for helping me,

Tom

> Oh, I know it hates me. I've been abusing it for four days now.
>
> On Apr 27, 2005, at 2:32 PM, Lynch, Jonathan wrote:
>
>> How do you suppose mousedown feels towards you?
>>
>> I hate mousedown

Thomas J. McGrath III
SCS
1000 Killarney Dr.