A Philosophical Point

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Apr 27 22:25:59 EDT 2005

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com wrote:
> Many hobbyists that used the "limited" version AS HOBBYISTS for
> a year or so, eventually became professional paying customers.
> What did it hurt to allow free 10-line scripts to be created
> for free?

We have at least one anecdotal data point in which the hobbyist was
quite happy to use only the free version with narry a though about
buying a license, and only after Rev discontinued the free version did
he obtain one.

I used to believe the old free version was a good idea, but it's hard to
argue with data like that.  ;)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation