To MySQL or Not SQL

docmann docmann at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 20:18:01 EDT 2005

On 4/25/05, Dan Shafer <revdan at danshafer.com> wrote:
> Pierre.....
>
> I think you meant to refer to Trevor's libDB libraries here. Just in
> case someone gets confused.
>
> I really agree with you about SQL being the perfect Rev sister ship,
> though, and I like the analogy.
>
> One thing I've been thinking about a lot lately in conjunction with a
> set of apps I'm doing for my main client, is whether or not to use
> altSQlite out the gate for all data storage, skipping over cards and
> custom properties altogether (I'm talking about storage of record-type
> data here, not things for which cards and props are decidedly correct).
> Anyone else thinking along these lines?

I absolutely agree. Personally, next to finding Rev in the first place
(yeah!), Chipp's altSQlite plugin has got to be the most exciting news
I've run across in quite some time.

...I've already "shot" my personal software budget for this month or
I'd have already licensed a copy. That's okay, though next month's
budget is just around the corner. :)

Once the ability to use binary data is firmly in place, I see the
Rev/SQlite/altSQlite combination as an almost perfect solution...

..well, that is unless Kevin and crew decide to add a native SQL
database feature directly to Rev. :)

-Doc-