counting keystrokes

sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Mon Apr 25 14:18:15 EDT 2005

I am using  Rev 2.5.1 on Mac OS X to count keystrokes that are typed
in any application that I have running - it keeps a running total of how many
keys I hit no matter what applications I use (MS Word, Eudora, etc.).

I use one btn with the script shown below and one fld which I lock so
I don't accidently place text in it and mess up my count.

When I try this same Rev file on Windows XP it doesn't work.
Can anyone tell me what I might have to do to get this to work
(keep a running total of the number of keys hit) on Windows?

Thanks in advance,
sims
----------------------------

on mouseUp
   busyHands
           send "mouseUp" to me in 200 millisecs
end mouseUp

on busyHands
   repeat
     put the  KeysDown  into tKeys
     if the KeysDown is not empty then
       add 1 to fld "strokesClicks"
       exit busyHands
     end if
     wait 10 millisecs with messages
     if the optionKey is down then exit repeat
   end repeat
end busyHands