Two keys characters combinations (Was Limiting the number of characters per line in a scrolling field)

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sun Apr 24 05:59:22 EDT 2005

Hi Dar and Glen,

It seems that special characters you can type with a single key (é with
a French keyboard, ü with a German one, etc.) which were bypassed with
Rev 2.2.x work now correctly since Rev 2.5.
But for all characters which need a two keys combination (ü with a
French keyboard, é with an English one, etc.), the message handlers
(keyUp/Down and rawKeyUp/Down) are still bypassed :-(
I did not check Bugzilla...

Le 24 avr. 05, à 01:58, Dar Scott a écrit :

> On Apr 23, 2005, at 4:14 PM, Glen Bojsza wrote:
>
>> This seems to do the trick but now I have to ask...
>> What's an accented character?
>
> I'm thinking of umlaut and such.  Maybe I'm using the wrong word.
> On OS X when I type in option-u u, the key message handlers are
> bypassed.  Maybe that's been fixed?

Amicalement,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software