RunRev and Cookies

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sat Apr 23 16:51:32 EDT 2005

On Apr 23 2005, at 03:25, Björnke von Gierke wrote:

> I want to make a standalone app with rev that replaces a web page.
> Ideally nothing on the server side should be changed, thus I would
> need to accept, store and send  a cookie. Anyone done this before and
> able to shed some light on this? I guess I need to change my HTML
> headers somehow?

I figured this out by reading some specification.
basically what you get is a "set-cookie:" line in the headers, and you
should send the cookie back by using a "cookie:" line.
what i have done is basically two lines to retrieve the cookie (watch
for linewraps):

get url "http://jedi.galciv.org/northwood/forum/login.php"
put char 5 to -1 of line lineoffset("Set-Cookie: phpbb2mysql_sid=",
libURLLastRHHeaders()) of libURLLastRHHeaders() into gCookie

now to send the cookie back, i just have to set the httpHeaders every
time i contact the website:

set the httpHeaders to gCookie

finished.

--