Recovery of a corrupted stack

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Apr 23 07:06:43 EDT 2005

Hi,

If you need to save the scripts then try this:

With a fresh load of RunRev (making sure there are no Stacks in
memory), open the message box and type:

answer file "Which Stack?";edit script script of stack it.

This will prompt you for a file, select the Stack in question.

Which will open the Stack Script, you can use: edit script of card X
of stack it or edit script of control "X" of card "Y" of stack it

This should allow you to at least copy your Scripts into a text
file(s) so you can re-paste them.

You can then try to open the Script using the command "open stack
it", however this may crash the IDE if the Stack is really corrupted.

One thing I tried was to comment out the "preOpenStack" and
"openStack" handlers in the Stack Script and save it back using the
"Apply and Save Stack" command (after making a backup).  Once you
have saved the stack quit RunRev and try reloading the Stack. If it
now works you know it's something in your preOpen ot Open handler
that is causing the IDE to barf when the Stack is first opened.

You can also write a tool stack that you can use to extract Objects
from the Stack in question. If you need more help on this feel free
to contact me directly. I have become quite a expert at recovering
"weird" Stacks lately!

All the Best
Dave