CSS

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Wed Apr 20 17:27:21 EDT 2005

Well I do a lot of web work too, and I assure you that CSS is the
future and the way large and consistent sites can be reasonably done.
What's frustrating is that if a page is constructed in CSS that it is
not easily possible to see what the commands do as you don't see the
results until it's rendered in a browser or two...

Using tables is discouraged today - you can do it better and in a
more modular way with CSS. And CSS allows absolute pixel dimensions
for better cross platform display. HTML was not designed to be a
design protocol, but a way to organize and link information online,
in outline form. The font and many other HTML tags are limited and
vary depending on platform and browser and shouldn't be used in
todays html code. CSS is standard, and is essential for
database-driven sites.

I had to learn to love it, but I think it's great. And it WOULD be
nice to have style sheets  in REV if we're going to have html.....

sqb