Not quite a Rev problem

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sat Apr 16 12:38:21 EDT 2005

On Apr 16, 2005, at 1:29 PM, Paul Salyers wrote:

> Dear Rev Programmer,
>
> I need help on getting a eMail list into my address book, the eMail
> list is plain text one address per line with a coma following.
>
> Can anyone help? I DO NOT want to type this in, I prefer a program
> that will convert my eMail file to a address book db.

Paul,

three ways to do it (well, there are more probably)

1) use applescript and rev to loop the list and insert into AddressBook.

2) pick my pre-release of vObject library, use Rev and generate a big
vCard file with those emails, addressbook will import it.

3) use Rev and create a CSV file, import in addressbook.

Choice is yours! :D
(i'd opt for #2 but I am suspect)

Cheers
andre