More on PostgreSQL Windows Installer

Typing80wpm at aol.com Typing80wpm at aol.com
Fri Apr 15 13:35:48 EDT 2005

_http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_windows.html#2.1_
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_windows.html#2.1)

It looks like the Dave Page installer is the one I need (possibly the only
one there is) for postgreSQL.

This FAQ page makes the install look like a scary undertaking.  I dont  even
know for sure if I have FAT on my disk drive or NTFS, but I am guessing  that
XP has the NTFS.

This FAQ page assures me that I will also install  pgAdmin (a  graphical
administration and management program) with this download, which is  comforting.

One thing I read today impressed me, namely, that MYSQL became widespread,
in part, simply because there were a number of easy window installer packages
available for it.  The blog speculated that Postgresql will become even  more
popular with this windows installer.
It all makes sense.  Also, something about how Postgresql was designed  from
the ground up in the proper fashion, whereas mysql got off on the wrong  foot,
and then was retrofitted as an afterthought.