There's got to be a better way

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu Apr 14 11:20:53 EDT 2005

Hi Jonathan, Richard and Frank and...

I benchmarked 3 methods: using a hidden field in the current stack, a
field in unopened substack and the clipboard.
Apple G4 bi pro - 3 MB internet connexion
I requested 100 times the same URL for each method and each method 5
times in turn to minimize connexion hazards.

And the winner is...

1. Substack method: 1.000
2. Clipboard: 1.0354
3. Hidden field: 1.079

Best,

Le 14 avr. 05, à 16:47, Frank D. Engel, Jr. a écrit :

> Plus this changes the content of the clipboard to something the user
> will not expect, which is a bad idea for a released software product.
> One must minimize unrelated use of the clipboard in order to maximize
> its usefulness.
>
> On Apr 14, 2005, at 10:40 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> IIRC when I benchmarked both appproaches last year, if memory serves
>> the field method (on an unopened card) was surprisingly faster than
>> the clipboardData method.
>>
>> Any got time to run such tests again to verify?

Amicalement,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Web site		http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/