more strange behavior - some scripts forgotten

Howard Bornstein howard.bornstein at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 10:56:50 EDT 2005

On Apr 10, 2005 3:47 PM, Byron Turner <byront at mac.com> wrote:
> Almost every object whose script I open asks to apply changes when I go
> to close, whether or not there is any script in it or any changes have
> been made.  Should I be worried?
>
> Scripts that I fixed long ago, seem to be reverting back to earlier
> versions.  Example I have a script where I created a global and another
> object script uses that global.  When I looked just now, the first
> object had no reference to that global or any of the  succeeding
> script, but the second object retained it.  I opened a previous version
> and found the first object's script.
>
> I've also noted that in my longest script characters take a very long
> time to show up . . as much as several seconds after I begin typing.
>
> Obviously, I'm very concerned.  Any theories?  Any suggestions on how
> to proceed?

The first issue I've seen frequently since the release of Rev 2.5.1. I
keep meaning to find a good recipe so I can Bugzilla it. Fortunately,
it's just an annoyance.

I don't know why your scripts are reverting. Have you considered using
Chipp Walters' AltArchive plugin to make serialized backups of your
stack? It can be a real life-saver.

I've periodically noticed the kind of slowdown you describe. Usually I
quit and restart Rev and that fixes it.

--
Regards,

Howard Bornstein