XML and Plists

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Sun Apr 10 17:00:17 EDT 2005

My app reads the iPhoto plist to determine where the default iPhoto
library is, and it also reads the iPhoto xml database file.  I use
string functions to find the particular strings that I need rather than
using Rev's XML library.  Faster and simpler that way (to develop and
to execute).  The only caveat is that if the XML is UTF8, you need to
make sure you read it as UTF8 not as text.

Also, if I needed to write an XML file I would do it using string
output rather than attempting to use the Rev XML library as well.

Regards,
-- Frank Leahy

Web Photos Pro: Software for Photo Bloggers and Other Photo Power Users
See us on the web at http://www.webphotospro.com/

On Apr 10, 2005, at 5:00 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com