How to get the difference between two lists?

Wouter wouter.abraham at scarlet.be
Tue Apr 5 09:40:22 EDT 2005

On 04 Apr 2005, at 05:44, Dar Scott wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2005, at 9:04 PM, Ken Ray wrote:
>
>> I can of course do a repeat loop through the small list and remove
>> those
>> items from the comprehensive list, but I'm wondering if there's a
>> faster way
>> to do this.
>
> Some wild ideas:
>
> 1.  Convert the smaller list into a regex and use replaceText().

snip

It would have been nice if the "filter" function was fully regex
compatible then Dar's idea of turning it into a regex statement could
produce something like a one-liner.

For the proposed example with the current state of the filter function
it needs 2 lines (not counting the lines for the preparation of the
regex)3

filter tOrigList without  "[56]"
filter tOrigList without  "1[18]"

Gr W.