Python and Rev

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sun Apr 3 16:27:10 EDT 2005

A couple of years ago, I wrote a chapter in a small booklet published
by O'Reilly that consisted of a collection of case study/success
profiles of Python projects, all (or at least most) of which were
fairly serious apps. Python was my favorite language until I adopted
Rev and, from a language perspective, I find it nearly as natural as
Transcript with the added tremendous benefit of being object-oriented.

My ideal world would be one in which I could build great UIs in
Revolution's IDE, and then code the behaviors of the stacks/apps
interchangeably in Transcript and Python.

That is my definition of Software Nirvana.