contains or is in

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Apr 1 14:57:45 EST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005, at 12:00 PM, Frank D. Engel, Jr. wrote and signed:

> Indeed, there is only one data type in Rev: strings.

Yes.  If you squint just right.  One might say 1.89 types if you allow
.8 for arrays and .09 for the result of arithmetic.  (And there are a
few times when there is a critical distinction between a reference
expression to an object and a string that refers to the object.)

I have suggested ways to integrate arrays and numbers into a pure
scheme of strings, but those suggestions met with blank stares, so I
think that kind of thing may not be right for Transcript, or  I'm poor
at explaining things, or (most likely) both.

Dar