bug with autorun on Windows?

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Thu Sep 30 12:11:13 EDT 2004

I'm about to Bugzilla this, but I wanted to make sure that it's not just me.
So if someone can try this and confirm, I'd be grateful.

I have a program that is running off a CD, and I'm using autorun to launch
it when the CD is inserted.  I have the executable inside a folder called
"Program" on the root of the CD.  The autorun.inf file is on the root of the
CD next to the folder.  In the file I have the line
"open=.\Program\rnse.exe", which works just fine.  The problem is that I
noticed that the defaultFolder is not getting set correctly.  When autorun
launches the app, the defaultFolder is set to "E:/" (the root of the CD-ROM
drive, which is the location of the autorun.inf file).  When I open the
Program folder and launch the exe by double-clicking it, the defaultFolder
is set correctly to "E:/Program".  I don't know how or why this is
happening?  Maybe there's something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Chris Sheffield
Software Development
Read Naturally