URL and email regex

Jesse Sng jsng at wayoflife.org
Tue Sep 28 07:08:37 EDT 2004

Hi,

Does anyone have a handy regex for detecting and selecting a chunk of
text that is a to be made into a URL or an email address?

I want to create a quick utility to automatically mark up my text
with some html tags that will form the URLs and email addresses into
links without having to go through every single one of them. Even in
a visual html web page editor, it can take quite a bit of time.

What I want to do is to search for those URLs and then embed tags in them.

Jesse