Can't read text from file on OS 9

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Sep 22 15:23:12 EDT 2004

I have a weird problem here.  I built a standalone for OS 9 using 2.5.
I'm testing under Classic but a client is testing on a machine running
OS 9.

In the code I use put URL ("file:"&pPath) into tMyVar to get text from
a file.  The path is one retrieved from the answer file command.  On OS
X and Windows the text is retrieved without a problem.  Not so on OS 9.
  I just get empty.  I also tried open file, read from file and close
file but that doesn't work either.  No errors are reported, just not
data from the file.

Can anyone else confirm whether this is happening on their end?

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com