Waaaaaaaay OT: Lutefisk

Signe Marie Sanne signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Tue Sep 21 04:05:05 EDT 2004

At 19:40 20.09.2004 -0500, you wrote:
>after reading jacque's response, i had to look up "lutefisk."  my stomach
>started cramping just thinking about it...

As a Norwegian I have to object to this. My husband prepares lutefisk a few
times during autumn. With potatoes, bacon, peas and particularly beer and
aquavita it always becomes a delicious meal. Although I must agree that in
my view the fish in itself is not very exciting. However, even my daughter
used to like it as a child (which does not happen very often). Lutefisk is
just part of our cooking traditions which we still hang on to.

Best regards from a lutefisk eater
Signe Marie Sanne

1. amanuensis Signe Marie Sanne      e-mail: signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Romansk Institutt                            tel:  +47 55 58 21 27
Øisteins gt. 1
5007 Bergen             http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/Info/sms.html
Norway