Lock Screen and Modal Window?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Sep 13 12:06:07 EDT 2004

On 9/12/04 5:59 PM, Arthur Urban wrote:

 >>>Lock screen/unlock screen does not seem to work with stacks
 >>
 >>opened as
 >>
 >>>modal. Is this a known bug by any chance?
 >>
 >>I'm not sure I'm clear on what you are asking, but a common
 >>misperception is that "lock screen" means "lock the whole
 >>screen" when
 >>really it is more like "lock window".
 >

 > I could have been more specific, sorry 'bout that. I'm seeing that
 > stacks/windows opened with the 'as modal' keyword (or by using macosx
 > 'sheet' command) ignore the lock screen. I see buttons and fields
flicking
 > their contents and winking in and out of visibility. If I change
nothing but
 > remove the "as modal" suffix to the command, the lock screen does in
fact do
 > it's job; the window appears only in it's final state.

It works here okay. I do notice an anomaly when I first set the stack to
modal, clicking a button doesn't run its script. Clicking a second time
and all subsequent times does. However, that's a different thing than
the lockscreen problem. When the button does run, lockscreen works okay.

When in your script are you locking the screen? That is, what system
message are you trapping, or what does your script do?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com