Why 10 hours for a newbie and 30 days for a "programmer"

j runrev at davidjdowns.com
Tue Sep 7 17:00:25 EDT 2004

> I can think of one off the top of my head: Inspiration
> (www.inspiration.com), who makes outlining/mind-mapping software.

Great example.  I work in a small school building in a small, rural
district in the midwest.  We have Inspiration installed on more than
100 machines in my building.  That's one license for every five kids.
Do you know how many school-aged children there are in the U.S. alone?

And what happens as even more technology is included in schools?  No
doubt you have heard of school districts who buy new laptops for every
student.  As technology becomes more vital and more affordable, you can
expect to see this sort of trend increase dramatically.

Savvy, forward-thinking software companies are going to make a killing,
leaving the rest of us to our best efforts with shareware and editing
instructional texts.

J.