login & pwd for standalones ?

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Tue Sep 7 16:39:37 EDT 2004

> One way:
> If the app *requires* access to the Web, you could maintain a list of
> users
> and their privileges on the server.  Just make sure to allow for local
> running of the app without the access list if the app is permitted to
> do so.

This would be my suggestion also, with one suggestion if the app is
sometimes run offline: require the application to login over the web at
least once, at which time it could download privileges into a
preferences file which could be read at startup for offline logins.
Some simple encoding of the privileges in the prefs file should be
sufficient unless you think they are likely to be hacked by your end
users.

HTH,
Brian