Encryption & Prime Numbers

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Tue Sep 7 02:43:13 EDT 2004

the 32 bit word is just a long word...
bitXOR is used as a small time encryption. Just bitxor any number, you
will get aonther number. If you reverse the operation, you get your
number back. The bitXOR function is limited to 2^48-1 or 2^64-1.

If you use a non-prime number, it's possible that you get multiple numbers
that can unlock this number. BitXOR is extremely weak since the number
of attacks is quite small. In RSA, they started with (approx.) 2^56 bit
primes, then 2^128, and they way higher now, 2^4096 possibly.

Random padded cypher blocks are just padding to fool the cracker into
thinking he's attacking real data - usually. There's 20 million different
types of pading possible to make their lives an eternity but these guys
can use almost any resources! ;)

The private key systems use an obscure elliptical geometry topology
which is also used solve the problem or crack the key. The ellipse allows
to have 2 answers for any points on the curve of an ellipse.

Here's more information on how it works.
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/cs588/projects/reports/team1.pdf

and a few more links here
http://archives.math.utk.edu/topics/numberTheory.html

Note that cryptography is a wide and deep subject, too many links or
code to make sense of ;)

Hope that helps.
Xavier